Origin and Condition of Items
Many items auctioned by PropertyRoom.com on the website derive from law enforcement and other governmental agencies. Typically seized, forfeited, or found, you should consider such items "used" unless otherwise noted.
A description and picture accompany each auction listing. Any such description represents PropertyRoom.com’s good faith opinion of the condition or other characteristics and properties of the product, based upon a visual inspection and such other activities deemed appropriate by PropertyRoom.com. While PropertyRoom.com endeavors to accurately describe and portray the product, such assessment is subjective in nature and PropertyRoom.com’s opinion concerning the condition or other characteristics and properties of product is not a representation or warranty. PropertyRoom.com does not own or use the vast majority of goods auctioned, and as such cannot supply the type of information one might expect from a manufacturer or owner. Accordingly, an assessment by the purchaser or any third party of the condition of product may not match PropertyRoom.com’s opinion.
Do not make assumptions regarding any features, functionality or additional parts not pictured or described. In addition, note that the original manufacturers as well as warranties for all product listed for auction may be considered old or out-of-date and therefore no longer supported. We cannot accept return requests in these occurrences.
We are unable to authorize returns or warrant third party repair on items under any circumstances. As such, if you have received product that is not in working or physical condition as described, we advise you to contact PropertyRoom.com for resolution. PropertyRoom.com WILL NOT reimburse the buyer for ANY costs associated with repairs or modification of product from condition in which it was originally received.
All communications related to any product purchased in a transaction must be directed to PropertyRoom.com and not the manufacturer of the item.
You assume responsibility for auctions you have won. PropertyRoom.com will generally accept returns if it made a manifest error, such as shipping the wrong item, or shipping the incorrect quantity of items, or if PropertyRoom.com determines that the product sold is Prohibited Property (as defined in the User Agreement). PropertyRoom.com may, at its discretion, accept certain other returns, provided that a 15% restocking fee may apply to such discretionary terms. PropertyRoom.com is unable to approve discretionary returns of the following product under any circumstances: (1) product with a condition rating of "Fair" or lower, (2) trading/sports cards, coins and other "loose" collectables, or (3) any item identified in the listing as "Untested", or (4) electronics such as cell phones, tablets, GPS units or other mobile devices that cannot be activated due to obsolescence, identified as stolen on telecommunication carrier’s records, or termination of service.
With respect to discretionary returns: PropertyRoom.com reserves the right to change the criteria upon which it determines whether to accept a discretionary return, and no practice or course of conduct shall create any obligation on the part of PropertyRoom.com to accept any return other than for manifest error or Prohibited Property. PropertyRoom.com also reserves the right to question the reason for which a return is being requested, in addition to asking for specific details or product images so the request and claim can be documented internally.
PropertyRoom.com endeavors to provide a fair marketplace for all buyers and typically does not cancel sales. In the event an order needs to be cancelled due to typographical bid error, duplicate purchase, unauthorized sale, or buyer’s remorse, such requests will be handled as a discretionary return in which a 15% restocking fee will apply. Orders that have already shipped cannot be cancelled.
To initiate an Order Cancellation or Return Goods Authorization (RGA) request, you must seek written approval by using the Contact Us form or contacting via direct email at CustomerSupport@PropertyRoom.com
Return Goods Authorization (RGA) Rules
You must understand and adhere to the following guidelines when requesting a Return Goods Authorization (RGA):
- PropertyRoom.com will refuse and return, at your expense, any item delivered to PropertyRoom.com without prior approval or an RGA number clearly written on the outside of the package.
- You must initiate the RGA within 10 business days from date in which you took delivery and possession of product. You may obtain the RGA from Customer Support as follows:
- Obtain the item listing number, item number, or order number for the requested return.
- Via email or Contact Us form, contact CustomerSupport@PropertyRoom.com. Be sure to include the item number, listing number, or order number and a detailed reason for your return request. A representative will respond to you within 48 business hours.
- PropertyRoom.com reserves the right to refuse an RGA number if it determines the return request cannot be confirmed or does not have merit.
- Returns are time-sensitive and product must be returned promptly. Once you have received an RGA from PropertyRoom.com, your Return Goods Authorization is subject to cancellation after one month of issue date if product is not returned.
- PropertyRoom.com is not obligated to cover the cost of return shipment on purchases deemed unauthorized by the buyer.
- Items picked up directly from the processing center by buyer must be returned by buyer. PropertyRoom.com will not schedule a call tag or arrange for item retrieval for product picked up by buyer or authorized person under any circumstances, nor will PropertyRoom.com bear responsibility for shipping or transport fees incurred with product return.
- If you receive a shipping company Call Tag or Return Label:
- Please repackage the product in its original shipping container and clearly print the RGA number on the side of the box
- PropertyRoom.com will not accept partial returns. All product sold in the auction listing must be returned in its entirety.
- PropertyRoom.com will not accept returns of product, accessories, or components that were not originally imaged and/or described in the auction listings.
- To ensure proper credit, include one of the following in the return shipment: the original packing slip, a copy of the confirmation emailed to you following your purchase (winning bid notification), or email from representative’s RGA number and instructions.
- The shipping company will typically make three attempts on a Call Tag to pick-up an item. If these attempts prove unsuccessful, you are responsible for arranging return shipment at your own expense. PropertyRoom.com will be unable to refund any additional return shipping charges you incur under these circumstances.
- Should you decide to return an item at your own expense after a Call Tag is issued, PropertyRoom.com will be unable to reimburse any return shipping fees you incur.
- Allow sufficient time for your product to be delivered to PropertyRoom.com (anywhere from 3 to 10 business days by Ground or Priority Mail).
- PropertyRoom.com will attempt to verify the claim after receiving the item in its processing center. If unable to verify your claim or if we determine the return is not merited for any reason, we will deny the claim and contact you via email with the following resolutions: return the item to you at no additional cost, or proceed with a refund for only the winning bid amount minus a 15% restocking fee.
- If PropertyRoom.com approves your claim, PropertyRoom.com may, at its option, repair the product or apply a credit to the payment method originally used when purchasing the product. Please allow up to a 10 business day turnaround time to re-evaluate product and process refunds.
* The above terms may be applied to Merchant Seller product and PropertyRoom.com owned product.
Merchant Seller Returns
To request a return authorization on product purchased from Merchant Sellers, please reference the contact information in the auction description as it is specific to the Merchant who fulfilled your order. If you are unsure of the process, please use the Contact Us form or email CustomerSupport@PropertyRoom.com for assistance with placing you in direct communication with the Merchant who listed and sold the product.