Over $50 million and counting!
The short story? Each morning we try to satisfy the needs of two constituencies:
- Shoppers. You know, the deal-seeking public. The Customer. That's probably you.
- Clients. Law enforcement and other municipal agencies who need to send items to auction.
For each of these groups we offer a simple, straight-forward promise:
- Promise to Shoppers. Auction fun, trusted deals, and the satisfaction that proceeds go back to communities across the U.S.
- Promise to Clients. We haul-away your headaches and send back money.
The long story? Founded in 1999 by former police, Property Room originally provided online auction services solely to law enforcement agencies. By statute, such agencies must sell seized, recovered, found, and unclaimed personal property at public auction. If you've ever wondered about our funny name, the cops safeguard all the goodies in the Property & Evidence Room.
Over time, other municipal agencies wanted a piece of the action, which led us into auctioning surplus assets for fire departments, airports, fleets, and parks departments. On behalf of all these clients, we manage the entire internet auction process, beginning with the pick-up of items for auction and ending with delivery to online shoppers.
Several years into the journey, our growth attracted liquidators and wholesale merchants. Motivated by the fact that we could bring more deals to our one million plus customer base we allowed a select few, hand picked Trusted Merchants to sell on our site. This brought more quality goods derived from store close-outs, canceled orders, and over-stock product directly to you. You would not believe the amount of quality merchandise getting liquidated. The fun never ends.
Law Enforcement & Municipal Clients
Over 2,800 police departments (PDs), county sheriffs, state police and other municipal agencies (airports, fire and marine departments, municipal fleets) nationwide have awarded contracts to Property Room, trusting us to conduct internet auctions on their behalf, and to date more than $50 million in auction proceeds have been sent back into their communities. A selection would include:
Benefits to Shoppers
- Deals. Come on, we don't have to tell you this. 95% of our auctions start with a $1 opening bid and close at the last, highest bid without a reserve price.
- Giving-back. Remember, we send money back to municipalities across the U.S. It might seem odd, but bidding on Property Room lowers taxes. How's that for a bold claim...
Benefits to Clients
Property Room solutions provide several benefits to clients:
- Convenience. We haul-away problems (abandoned, unclaimed, seized, found, & surplus property) and send back money. Sure, we've said this already above, but it's fun to repeat.
- Security. We employ our own drivers and proprietary tracking methods to secure client goods.
- Auction Participation. Our online auctions draw more bidders than the largest local auctions.
- Higher Proceeds. Our clients realize a material increase in net proceeds as compared to their traditional local, live auctions. Did we mention how we help lower taxes?
- Lower Costs. With a full service offering, we free-up municipal workers to do their core jobs.
For more information about Property Room auction agency client services, contact
Our footprint spans the United States, with personnel in the following areas:
|Processing Centers & Warehouses||Offices|
|Chicago, IL||Frederick, MD|
|Dallas, TX||Lexington, KY|
|Los Angeles, CA||Mission Viejo, CA|
|New York, NY|
|Thomas P. Lane||Founder|
|1999||Founded by Tom Lane & Kevin Lane|
|2001||Closed first online auction|
|2003||Signed client 100|
|2005||Signed client 500|
|2008||Signed client 1000|
|2011||10th anniversary selling online|