Items purchased on the PropertyRoom.com™ website (the "Website") by customers / shoppers / bidders / buyers (herein "you") may ship from PropertyRoom.com, Inc. ("Property Room") processing centers or direct from third party merchants selling through the Website ("Merchants"). The terms and conditions set forth in Paragraphs 1 through 5 of this Shipping and Returns Policy are applicable to packages sold by Property Room [for its own account or] on behalf of a seller for which it is acting as agent (and not to sales by Merchants). The terms and conditions for items sold by one of our Merchants are as set forth in the specific item listing detail. Paragraph 6 of this Shipping and Return Policy summarizes the general shipping performance standards required from Merchants. The User Agreement is applicable to all transactions through the Website.
- Shipping Guidelines
- Damage During Shipping
- Customer Pick-up Policy
- In-Place Items
- Return Policy
- Shipment from Merchants
1. Shipping Guidelines
Property Room uses all reasonable efforts to process and ship orders within two business days of purchase. Order processing and shipping times are contingent upon payment verification.
- Property Room endeavors to process and ship orders by the end of the 2nd business day following purchase and payment verification. Order processing times may vary, based Property Room’s ability to verify and settle payment.
- PropertyRoom.com engages the services of Federal Express and the USPS for most shipments. Consistent with the policies of these companies and Property Room’s shipping policies:
- Property Room restricts certain items from shipping to PO Box addresses;
- Property Room restricts shipping to APO/FPO addresses;
- Property Room will not permit shipments to Puerto Rico or outside the US.
- In the event that you provide an address which does not meet the foregoing requirements, your shipment may be delayed or cancelled.
- The term "Expedited Shipping" delivery in any listing will be subject to the specific restrictions and practices of the shipping company used by Property Room. Typically, "Expedited Shipping" reflects a commitment to deliver packages in/or within two business days of ship date excluding weekends and US holidays.
- Items designated as "Customer Pick-up" are unable to be shipped via our standard shipping carriers. Please see “Customer Pick-up” policy.
- Items designated as "In-Place" are unable to be shipped by Property Room. Instead, you will be required to pickup such items as described under In-Place Items.
- Shipping and handling (S&H) quotes reflect a per-item fee. Please refer to your User Account order and tracking section for a detailed summary of your S&H cost.
- Available shipping methods, as well as S&H fees, appear in the item listing during the bidding process. Shipping fees include any applicable handling charges. Please note certain items may need to be upgraded to an expedited shipping method which will result in a higher shipping charged being processed for the item. We will always charge you the least amount necessary to properly insure your item.
- Once your order has shipped, you cannot cancel or request refund, with the exception of requesting a return in accordance with the Return Policy below.
- Property Room cannot place special instructions for the delivery driver on the package. Packages returned as undeliverable for any reason, other than the fault of Property Room or our shipping company, Property Room will directly charge your credit card for re-shipping fees. Reasons for such additional charges include, but are not limited to, change of address, incomplete address information and change of delivery method.
- Shipping companies impose a charge for each incorrect or incomplete delivery address. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure the complete and accurate entry of your shipping address in to the Website. If a shipping company imposes an address-related surcharge for your shipment, Property Room may directly bill your credit card for the amount. Please note: Any changes to your shipping address must be made before you place your bid on that item. Any changes after you make your initial bid will not be recorded.
- For the proper delivery of some items, the shipping company may require a signature. Therefore, when entering shipping information into our system, please provide a shipping address and telephone number attended during normal business hours.
Back to Top
2. Damage During Shipping
The shipping process may occasionally result in damage to an item. Please contact email@example.com if this happens. Please include the following information in your email: Item number, type of packaging used and any damage the carton may have sustained. Please include an image of both the damaged item and the packaging. Please allow 10 business days for the resolution of your shipping claim. We will notify you of the status of your claim once it is verified and apply any compensation due directly to the funding source (e.g. credit card or PayPal) we charged.
Back to Top
3. Customer Pick-up Policy
Items designated as "Customer Pick-up Only" will require pickup from the Processing Center specified by Property Room. Customer Pick-up hours are 10 AM to 2 PM local time Monday thru Friday. In the event you select Customer Pick-up as an optional shipping method, the item will require pick-up from the Processing Center specified by Property Room.
The following rules and practices apply when using Customer Pick-up as the shipping method:
- Property Room processes items in several locations throughout the US. Property Room does not transfer Customer Pick-up items between processing centers.
- You are solely responsible for noting the Processing Center location for a specific Customer Pick-up item prior to purchase.
- Following purchase, the system will automatically send an email to you with the address of the Processing Center once payment has been verified and the item is ready for pick up. If you do not receive this email within 2 business days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT attempt picking up your item until you have received the Customer Pick-up email.
- Property Room will publish a Customer Pick-up S&H fee in the item listing and directly charge you for this Customer Pick-up S&H fee. This fee does not reflect any shipping costs but instead what Property Room deems, in its sole discretion, as a fair and appropriate handling fee for the costs and value of the Customer Pick-up service.
- Property Room will make items available for Customer Pick-up beginning with the second business day following the purchase and payment verification.
- We provide Customer Pick-up hours from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM local time (Processing Center local time), Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).
- You do not need to make an appointment for Customer Pick-up.
- To verify identity for pick-up, Property Room requires that:
- You present valid, government-issued photo identification at the time of pick-up. If you would like to authorize another adult to pick up your item(s) please complete the “Authorized Pick-up Person” form. To do so click on the Account tab in the upper right hand corner of the PropertyRoom.com web page. Next click on the Orders & Shipping tab. Click on the link called Orders Ready for Customer Pick-up. Here you will see a button called "Add pick up person". This will open a box allowing you to add the authorized person’s full name. Your designee must then present valid, government-issued photo identification at the time of pick-up. All items marked Customer Pick-up must either be picked up in person or arranged to have shipped within 10 business days.
- Common carrier arrangements are the responsibility of the winning bidder. All quotes and shipping cost must be gathered from the common carrier directly. Payment for shipping will be paid directly to the common carrier by the customer and not Property Room.
Freighted items will be shrink wrapped and banded to a standard 48x40 pallet. At this time there are no additional fees for our palletizing service however there may be additional charges for prepping items larger than a standard pallet.
We do not offer crating services at this time. An approximate weight for any item being shipped via common carrier will be 250 lbs unless otherwise specified in the listing.
The freight company chosen will need to know they can not stack on top of this item as it will not be in a crate.
You must contact email@example.com us via email 48 hours prior to the pick up date to allow time for your item to be prepared for shipment. We will need a completed BOL (Bill of Lading) before your item can be released. The PRE-PAID BOL must list the customer as the shipper c/o PropertyRoom.com. Please note PropertyRoom.com can not be the shipper of record.
The BOL must also include the 10 digit item number and item description. It is the responsibility of the customer to complete all paperwork needed for delivery. If there is damage to an item during shipment this must be taken up directly with the common carrier. The Will-Call address for each of our Processing Centers is below.
- You must pick-up Customer Pick-up items within 10 business days of the auction close date. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU FAIL TO PICK-UP AN ITEM WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS OF THE PURCHASE DATE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO POSSIBLE FORFEITURE OF BOTH FEES AND GOODS. For each Customer Pick-up purchase, you agree as follows: "For Customer Pick-up, I agree to bring valid government-issued photo ID and personally pick-up my winning auction purchase from the specified Processing Center, or alternatively, I agree to fill-out and sign a Customer Pick-up Release, allowing my designee to bring photo ID and pick-up my winning auction purchase. Further, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Customer Pick-up Policy, and I specifically agree in the event that I fail to pick-up my winning auction purchase prior to 2pm, local time, on the 14th calendar following the auction close date, Property Room possesses sole discretion of either shipping the item to me and charging my credit card or alternatively taking title to my winning auction purchase, free and clear without liability. I understand that in the latter case, if I forfeit my winning auction, Property Room may dispatch my purchase as it sees fit, which includes but is not limited to re-listing for auction, selling for scrap, donating to charity or disposing."
- As the Customer Pick-up fee covers the handling and warehousing costs for each items, pick-ups fees cannot be combined for multiple auctions picked up at the same time in the same location. The Customer Pick-up fee applies to each individual auction.
Back to Top
4. In-Place Items
Some items may show "In-Place" as the only shipping method in the listing description. Such items are sold AS IS WHERE IS and require pick-up from the location specified in the item listing. The following rules and practices apply to items designated as In-Place items:
- You are solely responsible for noting the pick-up location and any restrictions on pick up arrangements for a specific In-Place item prior to purchase.
- Following purchase and once payment has been verified and settled, Property Room will send an email to you with the address of the item purchased and contact information for the seller of the item.
- You are responsible for contacting the seller of the item and making arrangements for you to pick-up the item. This will include a requirement to make an appointment for such pick-up.
- The seller may require you to verify your identity and/or fill-out and sign such documentation as the seller may specify at the time of pick-up.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for providing adequate equipment, mode of transportation and other means to remove the In-Place item and transport it to your desired destination.
- All costs associated with picking up the item are your responsibility. PropertyRoom.com will not reimburse you for any pickup costs for any reason.
- You are responsible for inspecting the item at the time you take possession. Once you have taken possession of the item the sale is final and the item can not be returned for any reason.
- You must pick-up In-Place items within the period of time specified by the seller in the item listing or, if no period of time is specified in the listing, within 10 business days of the auction close date. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU FAIL TO PICK-UP AN ITEM BY THE FOREGOING DEADLINE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO POSSIBLE FORFEITURE OF BOTH FEES AND GOODS. For each In-Place item purchase, you agree as follows:
"I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Shipping and Return Policy as it relates to In-Place items, and I specifically agree in the event that I fail to pick-up my winning auction purchase prior to the deadline specified therein, Property Room and/or the seller may in its sole discretion take title to my winning auction purchase, free and clear without liability. I understand that in the latter case, if I forfeit my winning auction, Property Room and/or the seller may dispatch my purchase as it sees fit, which includes but is not limited to re-listing for auction, selling for scrap, donating to charity or disposing."
Back to Top
5. Return Policy
- Origin and Condition of Items
The majority of items auctioned by Property Room on the Website derive from law enforcement agencies and other governmental agencies. Typically seized, forfeited, or found, you should consider such items "used" unless otherwise noted.
A description and picture accompany each auction listing. Any such description represents Property Room’s good faith opinion of the condition or other characteristics or properties of the item, based upon a visual inspection of the item and such other activities deemed appropriate by Property Room. While Property Room endeavors to accurately describe and portray each item, such assessment is subjective in nature and Property Room’s opinion concerning the condition or other characteristics or properties of an item is not a representation or warranty. Property Room does not own or use the vast majority of goods auctioned, and as a result can not supply the type of information you might expect from a manufacturer or owner. Accordingly, an assessment by the purchaser or any third party of the condition of the item may not match Property Room’s opinion.
Do not make assumptions regarding any features, functionality or additional parts not pictured or described. In addition, note that the original manufacturers for all items listed for auction may consider the item old or out-of-date and therefore no longer supported. We can not accept return requests in these occurrences.
All communications related to any item purchased in a transaction must be directed to Property Room and not the manufacturer of the item.
- Your Responsibility
You assume responsibility for auctions you have won. Property Room will generally only accept returns if it made a manifest error, such as shipping the wrong item or shipping the incorrect quantity of items or if Property Room determines that the item sold is Prohibited Property (as defined in the User Agreement). Property Room may, in its discretion, accept certain other returns, provided that a 15% restocking fee may apply to such discretionary terms and Property Room will not approve discretionary returns of the following items under any circumstances: (1) any item with a condition rating of "Fair" or lower, (2) trading/sports cards, coins and other "loose" collectables, or (3) any item identified in the listing as "Untested". With respect to discretionary returns, Property Room May change the criteria upon which it determines whether to accept a discretionary return and no practice or course of conduct shall create any obligation on the part of Property Room to accept any return other than for manifest error or Prohibited Property.
To initiate a return request, you must complete a Return Goods Authorization (RGA).
- Return Goods Authorization (RGA) Rules
You must understand and adhere to the following guidelines when requesting a RGA.
- Property Room will refuse and return, at your expense, any item delivered to Property Room without an RGA number clearly written on the outside of the box.
- You must initiate the RGA within ten days of the date of the invoice.
- You may obtain the RGA from our Customer Service Department as follows:
- Obtain the item listing number for the requested return.
- You can find the item number in the original email receipt, sent to you via email following your purchase.
- Note that you may also find the item listing number on the packing list accompanying your package, listed under "Reference Number".
- If you can not find the item listing number, please provide the name in the BILL TO field and the date ordered. You will enter this information in the "Item"; field on the RGA form
- To request an RGA number, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the item and or listing number and a detailed reason for your return request. Someone will respond to you within 48 business hours.
- Property Room reserves the right to refuse to issue an RGA number if it determines that the request return does not have merit.
- Once you have received an RGA from Property Room, your RGA number will expire 15 days after date of issue.
- When granted a return authorization:
- Please place the item in its original box and package the item securely.
- Clearly print the RGA number on the side of the box.
- To ensure proper credit, include a copy of your return authorization email.
- If you were provided a shipping label, please print this and attach it to the package.
- You will be responsible for dropping the package off to a USPS center for shipment. Allow sufficient time for your item to be delivered to Property Room (five days by Priority Mail).
- Property Room will attempt to verify the claim after receiving the item in its processing center. If unable to verify your claim or if we determine that the return is not merited for any reason, we will deny the claim and return the item to you.
- If Property Room approves your claim, Property Room will, at its option, repair the item or apply a credit directly to the funding source (e.g. credit card or PayPal) we charged.. Please allow 10 business days to process the credit.
Back to Top
6. Shipment from Merchants
In an effort to provide a consistently high level of service and satisfaction to our shoppers, Property Room requests that our Merchants adhere to the following shipment and return standards:
- Publish shipping methods and costs in each item listing.
- Ship items within 2 business days of the order date.
- Upload ship notification and tracking information within one business day of shipment.
- If item does not ship within 5 business days of order date, comply with a buyer request for full refund.
- Publish, or link to, a Merchant-specific return policy in each item listing.
PROPERTY ROOM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHIPMENT OR RETURN OF ANY ITEM PURCHASED THROUGH THE WEBSITE FROM ANY MERCHANT. YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SOLE RECOURSE WITH RESPECT TO SUCH ITEMS IS TO FILE A CLAIM WITH SUCH MERCHANT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BY SUCH MERCHANT IN THE SPECIFIC ITEM LISTING DETAIL.
Back to Top